Upcoming & Current Events
Join us for Karaoke & Movie Night at Maraya Performing Arts!
Parents enjoy a night out and leave your kids with us!
Join us for a night of community and friendship.
Saturday, May 21, 2022
6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
$35 per person (parents optional!).
Includes pizza dinner and beverages.
Reserve EARLY - only 30 spaces available
June 25th Maraya Performing Arts Showcase
Join us to celebrate our student's progress and growth and training at Maraya Performing Arts!
Join us at 2pm.
PERFORMANCE VENUE: Eastlake Performing Arts Theatre (TBC)
8-Week Ballet & Contemporary Dance Intensive with Xavier Hicks & Anjanette Maraya-Ramey
Join our 8-week Teen/Adult Spring Dance Intensive with legendary San Diego dancers, Xavier Hicks and Anjanette Maraya-Ramey.
Enhance your ballet and contemporary dance technique and performance skills; and train with professional ballet dancer and teaching artist, Xavier Hicks and acclaimed contemporary choreographer, Anjanette Maraya-Ramey.
DATE: Every Tuesday starting May 3, 2022 through June 21, 2022. The intensive culminates in a performance on Saturday, June 25, 2022.
TIME: 7:15 p.m - 9:00 p.m. at Maraya Performing Arts
COST: $175 for full 8-week workshop and performance opportunity.
*SINGLE DROP Classes are available for contemporary ballet technique at $25/each or $15 (college, professional, military). Ballet Technique is from 7:15 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
Contact for more info: email@example.com or text 619-356-0690
Descendants The Musical
Presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI) and in partnership with KIPP Adelante!
A site specific and immersive show for everyone!
March 4-6 & March 11-13
"At its core, Descendants is a musical about empathy, tolerance, and acceptance. The hope is that this show can be a reminder that no matter where we come from, we are better together."
Maraya Performing Arts Production/Artistic Team
Director & Choreographer: Anjanette Maraya-Ramey
Assistant Director: José Barba
Musical Director: Jerrica Ignacio
Co-Musical Director: Matt Ignacio
Director of Operations & Programs: Aisha Reddick
Director of First Impressions: Keyonté Harper
KIPP Adelante Team
Director of Operations: Allicia Martinez
Director of Community Partnerships: Andrew Simmerman
- Ava Mendoza (Mal)
- Kaylanie Ramirez (Evie)
- Jaydn Washington (Jay)
- Da'mari Johnston (Carlos)
- Sydney Hagler (Maleficent)
- Viviana Lavasanipour-Martinez (Grimhilde a.k.a. Evil Queen, Isle Ensemble)
- Johnpaul Barba (Jafar, King Beast)
- Tiffani Van (Cruella De Vil, Coach)
- AJ Gange (Ben)
- Zoe White (Queen Belle)
- Evelynn Henson (Fairy Godmother)
- Stella Rodriguez (Jane)
- Julian Pesqueira (Chad)
- Nyleen Green (Audrey)
- Eddie Gange (Doug)
- Saniya Maureedullah (Ms. Maurice)
- McKinley Ellison (Snow White)
- Thomas Bloom Smiley-Cirello (Isle Ensemble, Smitten Kid 1)
- Desiree Jankowski (Auradonian 1, Coronation Crowd 1)
- Zachary Jankowki (Isle Ensemble)
- Aleighna Mendoza (Auradonian 2, Coronation Crowd 2, Smitten Kid 2)
- Ryzl Labial (Royal Page, Royal Guard, Coronation Crowd 3)
Block By Block
Maraya Performing Arts World Premiere Dance Theater Musical Traveling Throughout San Diego’s City Parks
“Block by Block” is a world premiere site-specific dance theatre musical by Director and Choreographer, Anjanette Maraya-Ramey and her company, Maraya Performing Arts. Commissioned by the San Diego Parks Foundation as part of San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria’s “Summer for All of Us” initiative, this original piece encourages youth and families to “Come Play Outside.”
This dynamic and entertaining piece will be performed at various city park locations in historically marginalized neighborhoods throughout San Diego county. Professional local artists perform live music, spoken word poetry, and a fusion of dance styles including ballet, contemporary, hip hop, and breaking.
The show utilizes the concept of a traveling circus as a metaphor to depict diverse individual personal identities and the intersection of how a shared experience like a global pandemic can unite seemingly disparate individuals together to create something magical.
- Chandra R.M. Anthenill (Production Stage Manager)
- Kevin Anthenill (Production Manager/Technical Director)
- Shandon Campbell (Music Producer)
- Dyno Corrales (BBoy Choreographer)
- Alexis Ellis-Alvarez (ASM/Dresser)
- Monique Gaffney (Dramaturg)
- Jessica Harris (Costume Design)
- Wilfred Paloma (Assistant Director, Lyricist, & Maraya Executive & Artistic Associate) Viviana Peji (Director’s Assistant)
- Anjanette Maraya-Ramey (Concept Design/Creative Director/Director/Choreographer, Maraya Founder, CEO & Artistic Director)
- Matthew Ramey (General Manager)
- Olivia Popejoy (Electronic Music Composer)
- Lauren Garces(PR/Marketing)
- Angelica Cardona(Dramaturg Assistant)
- Chad (River) Adapon (Mime)
- Megan Donaldson (The Tightrope Walker)
- Jaden Guerrero (Clown - Musician)
- Dakota Ringer (Clown - Musician)
- Michael Lusung (Mime)
- Sutheshna Mani (Co-Ringmaster)
- Kara Nepomuceno (The Tattooed Lady)
- Andrew Paiva(Co-Ringmaster)
- Genel Querido (The Acrobat)
- Odessa Uno (The Magician)
A La Jolla Playhouse Commission.
Towards Belonging is a powerful dance film with original spoken-word poetry and music. Choreographer Anjanette Maraya-Ramey and her company Maraya Performing Arts create a deeply moving piece that unapologetically acknowledges systemic racism, with an urgent call to act and create change. Filmed at the Arts Park @ Chollas Creek, home to Writerz Blok, this love letter to Southeastern San Diego shares the joys and challenges of the neighborhood through evocative narrative, graffiti art and movement, while shattering biases and celebrating the deep pride, culture and history of the region.
Produced in association with the Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation’s Arts Park @ Chollas Creek.
Friday, May 7, 2021
Ryan ‘Reveal’ Casicas is an internationally renowned B-boy & Hip-Hop Dancer whose career spans 28 years. His B-boy/Dance affiliation is with: Killafornia, Rock Force, Footsoulgers & Rythmbugz. B-Boy Reveal has performed and won numerous 1st place B-Boy Championships nationally and internationally. He has also toured in shows with Black Eyed Peas, Common, Wu-Tang, Eminem and Beyonce to name a few. He is a highly sought after judge and teacher and we are so honored and humbled to have him teach a master class at Maraya Performing Arts!
Be About It
A Facebook Live concert with local artists and performers highlighting Southeastern San Diego nonprofits.
Social Distancing, Outdoor Event at Bonita Museum!